Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Holidays = Pajama Days!

That's right it doesn't matter what holiday it is you will always find me in my PJs on that day. I even go so far as to purchase new ones to commemorate the occasion. The tradition started when I was little at Christmas time. My mother would always allow us to open one present Christmas Eve but the kicker was she would pick which one, you probably guessed it was PJs! We would all be so picture perfect on gathered around the tree opening our presents. Over the last few years we have taken that tradition to the next level. My mother buys everyone a Christmas Eve gift which you are required to have on Christmas Day. Regardless of your age or even if you are stopping by to visit the dress code is the same. Unlike the adorable matching Christmas plaid we would wear now everyone is sitting around in cartoon characters. Nothing brings more merriment then seeing grown men sitting in Sponge Bob pants. Eventually this had carried over into different holidays; Thanksgiving, Easter, etc. Some may Call us crazy or unorthodox but we celebrate together and were relaxed doing it. So no surprise to know that I am sitting here writing and enjoying being at home in my Despicable Me jammies. Enjoy the holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment